Friday, October 9, 2009

Vogue !

Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudson, Penelope Cruz, and Marion Cotillard grace the cover ofVogue's November issue in various shades of red to promote their highly anticipated Ninemovie. We saw them at the Annie Leibovitz shoot back in February, and the final product looks beautiful. Inside the magazine all of the film's actresses, including Sophia Loren, Judi Dench, and Fergie, posed together. The article gives us a glimpse at how fun filming was for the girls, and Kate even described the experience as "Summer camp." Here are some highlights:

  • Penelope on her tortured character in the film: "Luckily I don't have to identify with my roles, because if I did I would be dead by now! I've been working since the age of seventeen, and I really haven't stopped. I want to balance it a little more. Instead of making three or four movies a year, I will do one."
  • Nicole on coming back to work after Sunday Rose: "I had no desire to work after I had my daughter, but to lure me back, this movie was the only way. [But] I'm not playing Claudia Cardinale. Even when I played Virginia Woolf I didn't take the real woman into account."
  • Kate on getting a role: "I spent most of my childhood singing and dancing and just never had the chance to do it professionally. So when I got the chance to work with Rob, I was so excited, I was out of my mind.
  • Marion on musicals: "It's been my dream to do an American musical. When I was a child, Annie was my favorite. I just never thought I would get to do it."
  • Penelope on living with Kate and Fergie: "I've had some very long dinners with Kate, because she loves eating. I mean four-hour dinners. We are exercising so much we don't feel guilty at all."
  • Nicole on Kate's acting: "Kate should be on Broadway. She should be the lead."
picture and story by vogue / popsugar

No comments: