Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tyler Shields Interview!

Sigh... I would love to work with Mr Shields some day, one day, any day really. 

Here's a small little interview I did with the ever so amazing photographer Tyler Shields. Not only is he a photographer but he's also a director. For instance he's the guy behind the music video "Ride" by the Cary Brothers. (great song btw)

Oh and don't forget to check out his web site for more great pictures.


Q&A with Tyler Shields;

How/when did you really learn photography?
I am self taught and I started shooting videos and stuff when I was 15

What's the best reward / satisfaction you can get for your work?
Being able to think of an idea and make it happen is an amazing thing and the people I get to work with and the places I go are incredible

Who or what influenced you to become a photographer?
It was something I fell into just needed to show people the way I saw thigns

Do you believe in the expression “A picture is worth 1,000 words”?
I think the right photo can last for ever!

What makes a good photographer in your opinion?
Someone who doesn't do the samething over and over again and people who take chances

What do you most enjoy photographing?
I love shooting people but I always enjoy the weird art stuff

Do you think that film photography will in the end be totally replaced by digital photography?
I hope not. Film is a classic medium and I think in some way it will live for a long time

Do you prefer using film cameras over digital?
I think they all have a purpose and when used right they can both be great

What motivates you to do what you do?
This is the most amazing outlet for my mind anything you can dream of you can create!






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing tyler is great!