Friday, June 19, 2009

Bruce Willis Covers ‘W Magazine’ July 2009


Bruce Willis goes shirtless and poses with his wife, Emma Heming, in the racy July 2009 cover shoot of W Magazine, on stands June 23rd. Here are some interview highlights from Bruce, 54:

On marrying 32-year-old Emma after dating a string of models: “I went from ‘F— love’ to ‘Love is truly the answer. I spent the last 10 years single and, for the most part, unhappy. In a dark place. I never thought that being with someone else was the answer. I would say, ‘I’m alone, but I’m not lonely.’ But I was just kidding myself. Then I started hanging around Emma, and on a day-to-day basis my life became much happier.”

On how he, Emma, Demi, Ashton, and their kids all get along: “We’ve become like a tribe. It’s generated a lot of interest because everyone can understand resentment and envy in the breakup of a marriage, but they don’t understand how I can get along with my ex like that. Demi and I made a choice to put the kids first, and we’re really lucky that it turns out we all have fun together. I still love her, and I have a lot of respect for how she lives her life.”

On his daughters Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah: “They’re such smart kids. Way smarter than I was. They campaigned for Obama. They’re involved in the world, in politics. They know exactly what Hollywood is, and they know what it’s not, and they don’t take any of that very seriously.”

On modeling with Emma for W: “Oh, it was awkward. We did stuff that I know a lot of other actors would not have done. Had I done it with another model I don’t know that I would have been as into it.”

On how he now prioritizes his marriage over his career: “I hear so many people in relationships say, ‘I just need a couple of days away, or even an hour away.’ But I don’t want to be away from Emma at all. It’s the most singular relationship I’ve ever had in my life.”

picture and story by W magazine

No comments: